Exploring Emotional Health is an essential resource for anyone involved in Youth Ministry.
To preview a sample chapter CLICK HERE
On average, three children in every class at school are affected by a mental health problem. Did you know …
• It is estimated that half of all mental health problems manifest before the age of 14 years old
• Child and adolescent mental health services are turning away approximately 25% of children referred to them for treatment
• Only 0.7% of the NHS budget is spent on children’s mental health
• 2 in 5 young carers have a mental health problem
• 1 in 12 young people self-harm
Youth leaders recognise that issues around emotional health are growing and research shows that young people want to talk about it!
In her debut book, Exploring Emotional Health, author Liz Edge provides key information and six ready-to-go workshops covering: self-esteem; anxiety; depression; self-harm; and identity and coping with emotions, to enable even the busiest of youth leaders to provide effective support in building resilient young people.
Liz says: “This book was born out of identifying personally and professionally the need to support youth leaders and young people in exploring emotional health and faith. Each workshop is the start of an ongoing conversation that we must engage with in our practice.”
Liz Edge is a professionally qualified Youth Work Practitioner, holding a First-Class BA (Hons) degree in Youth Work and Ministry with JNC accreditation. She has worked with young people across a wide range of Christian and other settings and now delivers innovative youth work through education, training and intervention.
|Dimensions||15.5 x 23.5 cm|
KEVIN MAYHEW Limited